On this page:
Are you trying for a baby?
It’s frustrating trying for a baby. If you need a fertility expert or a second opinion, Monash IVF are ready to help.
We’re Australia’s most trusted fertility program, because we get results. That means more people taking home babies.
We’ve been helping create families since 1973 when we achieved the world’s first IVF pregnancy. We’re proud of our science, and we’re proud that every 2.5 hours a Monash Miracle is welcomed into the world.
Who we help
We’re here for anyone who needs help to have a baby. This can mean:
- women aged 35-50 when it’s getting harder to conceive naturally
- women with fertility issues like endometriosis or PCOS
- men with fertility issues like a low sperm count or if they’ve had a vasectomy
- women using donor sperm or supplied sperm (if a friend or relative is helping out)
- LGBTI couples using donor sperm or eggs
- surrogacy cases (they can get complicated)
- genetic screening or gender selection for medical reasons.
The best reasons to choose us
We’re the most likely to help you take a baby home. That’s the bottom line. We lead the world in live birth success rates (sometimes called the baby take home rate).
Here’s a quick top 10 of why we’re the best choice for your fertility treatment:
- We started IVF so we know what we’re doing
- Super convenient clinics with the best labs
- Flexible payment and low-cost options
- Our people are the best
- We’re experts in tricky cases like donors and surrogacy
- We won’t push you straight to IVF if you don’t need it
- We know your name, we know your story, and we personalise your treatment
- We’ll fast track you to pregnancy
- We find problems and make plans to manage them
- We’re the most likely to help you take a baby home. That’s worth repeating.
Other fertility options
IVF isn’t the only end game. About 75% of the women we help get pregnant without it.
We don’t tell people to ‘relax’, ‘stop worrying and it’ll happen’ or wait until the moon is in Jupiter’s orbit. We get to know you and your body. Sometimes we recommend:
- timed intercourse (working out the best time to get pregnant yourself)
- ovulation tracking (understanding your cycle and when eggs are released so you can, get pregnant yourself)
- artificial insemination (using your partner or donor sperm to get things in the right spot at the right time).
Looking after you
IVF and other fertility treatments can be a tough process, but you won’t be alone.
We’ll support you with:
- simple, clear information and instructions
- unlimited sessions with leading counsellors
- 24/7 support from patient care and nursing teams
- getting to know you and your body. We’ll leave no stone unturned to see what’s going on for you (and your partner)
- a detailed plan of all the steps we’ll take together to help you bring home a baby. We create a program just for you, suited to your body.
We set the highest standards to make sure our fertility doctors and specialists are the best. Less than 100 make the list, so you can trust you’re in expert hands.
We’ve had some big moments since we started, here’s some of the developments we’ve helped make happen:
- the ‘blastocyst’ technique – a new way of letting embryos grow for longer in the lab to improve pregnancy rates
- using the vitrification ‘snap freezing’ method since 1998 to improve embryo survival
- advanced genetic screening on embryos to boost success rates
- our very own Professor Kelton Tremellen helped men get in on the fertility act by inventing Menivit
- pioneering Australia’s leading pre-natal blood test – Nest Screen test – to check bub is healthy and strong
- 4D ultrasound scanning tech so you can get up close and personal with your baby-to-be.