On this page:
- Step 1 – Consultation with a Monash IVF Fertility Specialist
- Step 2 – Registration and Preliminary Investigations
- Step 3 – Getting Started
- Step 4 – Obtain a National Police Record Check
and Child Protection Order Check
- Step 5 – Confirm treatment plan with your Fertility Specialist
- Step 6 – Meet with your Fertility Nurse
- Step 7 – Begin IVF Treatment
Step 1 – Consultation with a Monash IVF Fertility Specialist
You can book an appointment with a Fertility Specialist by calling 1800 674 278 or by completing our online appointment booking form.
You will need to take a referral from your GP to your Specialist Appointment. Ask your GP for a indefinite referral.
At your initial appointment your Fertility Specialist will carry out some preliminary investigations and give you an overview of possible treatments. There are many treatment options available and not everyone will require IVF to achieve a pregnancy.
Step 2 – Registration and Preliminary Investigations
If your Fertility Specialist does recommend IVF treatment they will give you a Monash IVF registration form, to be completed and returned to us.
During your initial visit, your Fertility Specialist may refer you for the following tests:
- blood tests for both partners
- ultrasound for the female partner
- semen analysis for the male partner
Step 3 – Getting Started
You make contact with a Monash IVF Patient Coordinator who will arrange a block appointment for your preliminary investigations, mandatory counselling and payment information session.
Step 4 – Obtain a National Police Record Check and Child Protection Order Check
Child Protection Order Checks
1. Download and save this form to your computer: (form) You will need one for yourself and one for your partner (if applicable).
2. Read all instructions on the form and complete.
3. Email the form as a .pdf attachment to your Monash IVF clinic’s email address:
Police Check – Australian patients
1. Visit www.police.vic.gov.au.
2. Click ‘Our Services’ (on the left toolbar).
3. Scroll down and click on ‘Police Record Checks’.
4. On this page, take note of the fee for a Police Records Check (Name Only). This is the cost per application.
5. Scroll down and click ‘Online application form for the National Police Certificate’.
6. Enter your details onto the application form. Please note:
- Section A: Name check only
- Section E: Tick the box ‘Contact with Children’
In the box marked ‘Other’, type ‘IVF Applicant’
7. Print the form. You can only print once some details are entered.
8. Read the instructions on Page 1 carefully. Post it with all supporting documents and payment to:
Public Enquiry Service
GPO Box 919
Melbourne VIC 3001
9. Your certificate will be mailed to you. Please send a certified copy of the original certificate to Monash IVF.
Partial disclosure or police checks from third party companies (Crimcheck, cvcheck, Australia Post etc) are not accepted.
Overseas patients who have not lived in Australia must complete an Australian Federal Police Check from the AFP website.
Step 5 – Confirm treatment plan with your Fertility Specialist
When your test results are available, your Fertility Specialist will meet with you to confirm the appropriate treatment option. Call your Fertility Specialist’s private consulting suites to arrange a follow up visit at least 10 days after your preliminary investigations are completed.
Step 6 – Meet with your Fertility Nurse
This is your introduction to the Fertility Nurse who will be your contact point at every stage of your treatment, offering you information, guidance and support.