Food for Fertility – Avocado and Prawn Salad
Behind a woman’s age, male fertility factors are the second most common reason couples have difficulty falling pregnant, so it’s important to try and make sure those little swimmers are in tip-top shape!
Did you know that vitamin E and arginine have been found to help boost sperm count and motility? Try this delicious avocado and prawn salad for a tasty way to incorporate some important vitamins in to your diet.
What you’ll need:
- 24 cooked prawns
- 2 avocados; halved, stones removed, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber; trimmed, peeled into ribbons
- 1 ½ tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ tbs brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp fish sauce
- ½ cup fresh coriander sprigs
How to make it:
- Peel and de-vein the prawns, leaving tails intact.
- Divide the avocado, prawns and cucumber among serving bowls.
- Combine the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce in a small bowl. Which together until the sugar dissolves.
- Drizzle the lime dressing over the Avocado and Prawn Salad. Top with coriander sprigs and season with pepper to serve.