Fertility Foods – Salmon and Avocado Pasta
When trying to conceive, it’s important to assess your diet and lifestyle. Many research studies show that eating certain foods, whilst avoiding some others can have a positive impact on both male and female fertility. As discussed in our article Is your lifestyle hurting your fertility, Vitamin D can be a key factor when trying to conceive, with some studies showing that infertility can be linked with low levels of Vitamin D. Help boost your D intake with some salmon in this delicious pasta dish!
- 1/2 tin pink salmon
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tsp flour
- 1/4 C milk
- 1/2 cooked small pasta shells
- 1/8 C frozen baby peas
- 1 tbsp cheese (optional)
- Melt butter in saucepan, and flour and stir to a paste.
- Add milk and stir until combined and thickened.
- Mash avocado in a bowl with a fork, then add flaked salmon and mash into the avocado.
- Stir avocado mixture into milk mixture over low heat until combined, add pasta and peas and continue to heat for approximately 5 minutes, or until peas are heated through.
- Add cheese if desired and serve.
Have some excellent fertility-boosting recipes you’d like to share? Send them through!