Fertility Foods – Crispy Honey Lemon Chicken
When trying to conceive, it’s important to assess your diet and lifestyle. Many research studies show that eating certain foods, whilst avoiding some others can have a positive impact on both male and female fertility. According to Kidspot, honey has long been considered a fertility booster. It is rich in minerals and amino acids and is said to not only improve sperm quality, but also strengthen the ovaries and uterus.
We can’t think of a better way to add some honey to your diet than with this delicious chicken dish!
What you’ll need:
- 350 grams chicken breast, diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs raw honey
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tbs tapioca flour
- 1 cos lettuce, roughly torn
- ½ cup red quinoa
- 100 grams cherry tomatoes, quartered
How to make it:
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, 3 tbs of lemon juice, honey, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper and 1 tsp of lemon zest. Whisk together and add the diced chicken. Marinade the chicken for around 30 minutes.
- Place quinoa in a sieve and rinse several times. Add 1 cup of water and quinoa to a saucepan, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let it cook for around 12 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Combine together the buckwheat flour, tapioca, 1 tsp lemon zest and remaining salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture. Heat olive oil in a fry pan and add the chicken pieces. Cook for around 3-4 minutes per side.
- Toss together the lettuce, tomato and quinoa. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Top with crispy chicken.
After some more Fertility Food recipes? Try these fluffy buckwheat pancakes or a refreshing avocado and prawn salad.
Have some excellent fertility-boosting recipes you’d like to share? Send them through!